Trying to get a "clean" installation

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
      Have re-installed SDR Console on new computer. I have documented my difficulties in another post. Two questions please:

      1. When I re-installed, I removed all the files in the C:\Users\Simon\AppData\Roaming\SDR-RADIO.com directory and then performed an uninstall. There seems to be information stored elsewhere as SDR Radio comes back with the fact that i have a yaesu radio and the correct com port when I re-install the software. I am attempting to get a "clean" install. Are there additional files that need to be removed?

      2. Is there any documentation available to help me understand the logfile?

      Mike
      WA2TGE
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
        I went through the process described in the FAQ from SDR Radio website. Still no resolution.

        Mike
        WA2TGE

        --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mwkeziah@...> wrote:

        > Have re-installed SDR Console on new computer. I have documented my difficulties in another post. Two questions please:
        >
        > 1. When I re-installed, I removed all the files in the C:\Users\Simon\AppData\Roaming\SDR-RADIO.com directory and then performed an uninstall. There seems to be information stored elsewhere as SDR Radio comes back with the fact that i have a yaesu radio and the correct com port when I re-install the software. I am attempting to get a "clean" install. Are there additional files that need to be removed?
        >
        > 2. Is there any documentation available to help me understand the logfile?
        >
        > Mike
        > WA2TGE

      • exmatelot853
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
          Hello Mike,

          In my experience I find software such as revo uninstaller (free for 30 days) works great for this kind of thing because it hunts down any registry left overs.

          Give it a go.

          Regards

          Neil

          --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mwkeziah@...> wrote:

          > I went through the process described in the FAQ from SDR Radio website. Still no resolution.
          >
          > Mike
          > WA2TGE
          >
          > --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mwkeziah@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Have re-installed SDR Console on new computer. I have documented my difficulties in another post. Two questions please:
          > >
          > > 1. When I re-installed, I removed all the files in the C:\Users\Simon\AppData\Roaming\SDR-RADIO.com directory and then performed an uninstall. There seems to be information stored elsewhere as SDR Radio comes back with the fact that i have a yaesu radio and the correct com port when I re-install the software. I am attempting to get a "clean" install. Are there additional files that need to be removed?
          > >
          > > 2. Is there any documentation available to help me understand the logfile?
          > >
          > > Mike
          > > WA2TGE

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012