Support for Soft66 series SDR's?

  • gtsrmike
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hello,

      I've been perusing through past messages and it seems like, so far, ExtIO DLL support has yet to be officially implemented into the SDR-Radio console. I have a Soft66LC4 and really enjoy the interface of this program and would like to use it with my SDR. I was wondering if ExtIO support was something in development for the near future. In addition are there any unofficial/experimental solutions available at this time?

      There is support for this SDR under WinRad and I have seen some tools for using WinRad DLL's with the libusb library that seems to be in use with SDR-Radio but the instructions weren't clear enough for me to understand.

      Any comments or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

      - Mike
    • tterry88
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
        Mike,

        It has been 9 months since you wrote your topic below. How have you done with the Soft66LC4? I am familiar with v1.5 and have just downloaded v2. I have not tried either with the LC4. I am assuming that I will need to place an <ExtIO .dll> in the SDR-Radio V2 program file so the LC4 can be found available. I have written the Japanese engineer asking if he has created a DLL yet but I don't expect a response I will be able to work with. How have you made out?

        Mike or anyone - Thanks all.

        Terry

        --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "gtsrmike" <gtsrmike@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I've been perusing through past messages and it seems like, so far, ExtIO DLL support has yet to be officially implemented into the SDR-Radio console. I have a Soft66LC4 and really enjoy the interface of this program and would like to use it with my SDR. I was wondering if ExtIO support was something in development for the near future. In addition are there any unofficial/experimental solutions available at this time?
        >
        > There is support for this SDR under WinRad and I have seen some tools for using WinRad DLL's with the libusb library that seems to be in use with SDR-Radio but the instructions weren't clear enough for me to understand.
        >
        > Any comments or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
        >

        > - Mike

      • Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8, 2013

          I’ve just looked at http://zao.jp/radio/soft66ad/ but don’t see the programming API.

          Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

          http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

          It has been 9 months since you wrote your topic below. How have you done with the Soft66LC4? I am familiar with v1.5 and have just downloaded v2. I have not tried either with the LC4. I am assuming that I will need to place an in the SDR-Radio V2 program file so the LC4 can be found available. I have written the Japanese engineer asking if he has created a DLL yet but I don't expect a response I will be able to work with. How have you made out?

          Mike or anyone - Thanks all.

          Terry

          --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "gtsrmike" wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I've been perusing through past messages and it seems like, so far, ExtIO DLL support has yet to be officially implemented into the SDR-Radio console. I have a Soft66LC4 and really enjoy the interface of this program and would like to use it with my SDR. I was wondering if ExtIO support was something in development for the near future. In addition are there any unofficial/experimental solutions available at this time?
          >
          > There is support for this SDR under WinRad and I have seen some tools for using WinRad DLL's with the libusb library that seems to be in use with SDR-Radio but the instructions weren't clear enough for me to understand.
          >
          > Any comments or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
          >

          > - Mike

        • tterry88
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 20, 2013
            Hi Simon, and thank you for your patience. Below you asked "I've just looked at http://zao.jp/radio/soft66ad/ but don't see the
            programming API."

            I am not an adept programer by any means, and don't know what an API is, but can what you were looking for above be found here in the download section:

            http://soft66winrad.sourceforge.net/

            Note the current revision SDR hardware is the Soft66lc4 which goes up to 75mHz now (former hardware rev: Soft66adh). People have been using the ExtIO_Soft66ADH.dll for the 'lc4' hardware successfully for HDSDR.

            I would prefer using SDR-Radio and not HDSDR and SDR-Radio V2.0 doesn't see the Soft66 . . .

            What do you think?

            Terry

            --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >

            > I've just looked at http://zao.jp/radio/soft66ad/ but don't see the
            > programming API.
            >

            > Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV
            >
            > http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

          • ea4bpn
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 21, 2013

              Yes, there is not API published anywhere. However, Thomas Horsten wrote a small Soft66 control program for Linux, http://blog.horsten.com/archives/13 to run Linrad.

              The source files are here written under GNU License, http://www.infowares.com/soft66/

              Perhapas some information could be taken from there (under Thomas permission, of course) to write a DLL for windows.

              Best regards,
              Rafael

              --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >

              > I've just looked at http://zao.jp/radio/soft66ad/ but don't see the
              > programming API.
              >

              > Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV
              >
              > http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

            • Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013

                The code is GPL so I can’t use it, anyway I have a zillion things to do at the moment. If you ever find code for this RX which is *not* GPL please let me know and I’ll take another look, but for now I suggest the standard softrocks.

                Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

                http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

                From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ea4bpn

                The source files are here written under GNU License, http://www.infowares.com/soft66/