23323MDSR (Modulation Demodulation Software Radio) is testing JT-65

  • alexschwarz237
    Aug 20 3:11 PM

      Hi Everybody;

      We are currently testing the JT-65 mode on 30m (10.138Mhz), 20m (14.076MHz), 17 (18.102MHz) and 15m (21.076MHz). The frequency band chosen depends on the time of day and when band openings occur.

      Frequencies will be announced in the Yahoo user group.

      If you have JT-65 capability, please help us to make as many contacts as possible. The call sign that is being used is VE7DXW. If you do not have JT-65 available but would like to have it, please send us a message and we can help to get you set up with software and audio connections to your radio.

      JT-65 is a great mode to get contacts worldwide with QRP operation. A standard wire dipole or a GV5RV antenna is more than enough to cover the planet.

      The log-book will be also displayed on the MDSR home page of the MDSR Demodulator-Modulator Software Radio:

      http://users.skynet.be/myspace/mdsr/

      The MDSR station will operate with the VE7DXW call sign and is operated out of Vancouver, Canada. The output power is 20W and all contacts will be logged on QRZ.com. On JT-65 worldwide contacts are possible any time a band opens up. In the last few days we made QSOs into USA, Canada, Ukraine, Netherlands, Poland, Kazakhstan, Argentina, Brazil and many more.

      Thanks for your help and see you on the bands! 73 and good DX...

      The MDSR Team

      Alex Schwarz

      VE7DXW