21235RE: [sdr-radio-com] CTCSS/DCS Tone Decoding

    Mar 3, 2014

      Actually,

      Yes – was thinking same thing myself. As I’m heading to England on Thursday and have code to write before then it’s not going to happen in the next week or three.

      From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of scott@...
      Sent: 03 March 2014 15:49
      To: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [sdr-radio-com] CTCSS/DCS Tone Decoding

      Recently a plug-in was created for SDR# software that allows for the decoding of CTCSS tones. The author is also apparently working on adding DCS decoding capability to it or creating a separate plug-in. Being able to decode CTCSS and DCS tones when receiving unknown NFM land mobile stations helps greatly in their identification, especially in the United States.

      As it stands now it is necessary to use Virtual Audio Cable to send unfiltered audio to an external program such as KG-Tone in order to decode these subaudible tones. It works, but it's inconvenient as the audio quality in FMW is obviously not as good as FMN.

      Is there any chance at some point that such a feature could be added to SDR-Radio for those of us that like to chase FMN signals and DX in the VHF and above bands? I'm talking about just being able to view the tone, and not necessarily using it in a "tone squelch" method. Just a th ought for down the road if possible. I'm reasonably sure I'm not the only one that would be interested in such a feature.

      Thanks.

      Scott

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic