21214Re: AW: [sdr-radio-com] RE: Problems getting on air with SDR Server

  • bibliophileuk
    Mar 2, 2014
      I never suggested it was, and knew darn well exactly what you were talking about !!

      The point I was TRYING to make was that any increase in the use of 2.4GHz Wi-Fi for such purposes might help to relieve the problem.

      Regards

      Nigel
      GM8PZR

      In a message dated 02/03/2014 14:17:20 GMT Standard Time, joerotello@... writes:

      My "treatise" isn't about using wi-fi at 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz in homes/apartments/flats/business.

      I do it here, and have consulted to hundreds of clients, and written about it. Applifed properly, it generally works very well, whether or not ones range needs are short distance or 100+ meters, etc.

      The issue is regarding using the power line / mains in said homes/apartments/flats/business -- where the wi-fi / LAN / router base plugs into the power line / mains and the power line / mains wiring in the homes/apartments/flats/business are used as the "system distribution" itself.

      For years before this method of madness was "perfected", amateur radio operators, technicians/engineers, scientists and others warned about the pitfalls and destruction of communications, and the rampant probability of RFI and EMI propagation...and these warnings came true.

      Internet commu nications, amateur communications, SWL, scientific research, SDR and a host of other activities has and is suffering whenever and wherever this mode of power-line/mains usage is encountered, and no amount of filters or other RFI/EMI reduction will stop or sufficiently negate the manifold problems caused in the past and into the future.

      THAT is what the "treatise" was and is about.

      Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic