17102RE: Re: Sound distorted in FM Broadcast

  • josephrot
    Sep 12, 2013

      Juan...

      FM signal reflections / ghosts can be anytime, anywhere, indoor or outdoor, on indoor or outdoor antennas, and can occur if close or far from the transmitter, if your geography is level or full of intervening hills or mountains, or even if over water. Can also occur if the FM antenna is vertically or horizontally polarized.

      Would definitely check each possibility that Simon and others have mentioned, and also caution to not forget about reflections / ghosts as one possibility.

      Joe

      --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, <sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I use an indoor antenna, do not think there reflections, I'm about 15 Km. from the center emitter, I tried without antenna, the signal is weak but the distortion is the same.
      With HDSDR works perfectly.
      Viewing screenshot sent, I think I have something misconfigured since the distortion is the same with filters from 48KHz to 192 KHz.

      Thanks for the help.

      Best regards
      Juan Jose Alaiza
      EA3EGQ