10881RE: [sdr-radio-com] 1009 Beta "invalid"??

  • Rick Kiessig
    Jul 1, 2012

      Simon,

      First, I love SDR-Radio. It’s a wonderful complement to my FTdx-5000 and NetSDR.

      With a technically deep area like this, I’m sure your feature wishlist is huge. As a happy end-user, I thought I’d throw out my top few for V2.0:

      1.       More complete integration with an external radio, such as being able to graphically set bandwidth and notch filters. The FT5K can only have a single manual notch, but even so, the approach Flex uses is pretty cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t17ipMS8gAk

      2.       Assistance for faster and more accurate point-and-click tuning. I love the vertical bars over the waterfall area, but find that the resolution on my laptop’s track-pad isn’t high enough for accurate tuning. The zoom feature helps to some degree, but I almost always find that some manual tweaking is still needed (the L/R arrow keys with and without shift are huge, huge timesavers).

      3.       Decoding multiple CW or digital signals, ala CW Skimmer – which doesn’t work with many SDR radios, including NetSDR.

      4.       Integration with DX spot reports and/or logging apps, to be able to see or mark the call associated with a given signal.

      Anyway, thanks again for your work on such a great app.

      73, Rick ZL2HAM