Re: BOARD & CABLE INTERCONNECT Diagram

  • KE5YKR
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2011
      Perhaps that would depend on your point of view. From the point of view in the diagram (which is the rear), it now seems correct to me.

      GLM

      --- In sdr-cube@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Nolin <wa6ltv@...> wrote:

      > Hi George,
      >
      > I see you are going by REAR VIEW, not connector side. Thats confusing...
      >
      > Chuck Nolin
      > WA6LTV/4

    • George Heron N2APB
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
        Re: [sdr-cube] BOARD & CABLE INTERCONNECT Diagram Hi Chuck,

        Yeah, it is a little confusing using the rear view of most boards, but we did it that way for two reasons ...
        • When initially connecting the boards together on the table, standing up in the “U-like” manner, that’s actually the view that the builder sees.
        • All the DSP board connectors that the cables plug into are on the rear, so I also represented from the rear the one I/O board connector that resides on the front side (P10).

        Perhaps there’s a better way to graphically represent the I/O board connections – I’m open to suggestions.  But the multi-view photos in the Assy Guide are probably the best bet.

        Thanks for the feedback – I appreciate your observations.

        73, George N2APB
           http://www.sdr-cube.com/construction/final_assy.html

        From: George Heron < n2apb@... <mailto:n2apb%40midnightdesignsolutions.com>  >
        Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 22:20:34 -0500