The Future of SD Futurists

  • rws1st
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004
      Jessica was last seen being smuggled out of San Diego by a pack of
      bears in odd gold and blue outfits. This leaves us, Rob and Star, as
      your new happy-go-lucky moderators. In honor of this, Labor Day,
      and the fact that no plans to the contrary have been made, SD
      Futurists will not be meeting this coming Friday.

      SD Futurists will be returning next month to focus on Extreme
      Physics!

      I am pleased to announce that Mike
      Korns,Artifical Intelligence Innovator and moderator of the Las
      Vegas Futurists, has agreed to give his talk on Loop Quantum
      Gravity. Here is the teaser:

      "Can we finally unify the large and the small? Unify the behavior
      of
      plantary bodies under gravity with the behavior of subatomic
      particles under quantum theory? Come and find the answer!

      Since the recent introduction of String Theory, M-theory, and now
      Loop Quantum Gravity, separate groups of physicists are claiming
      they each have the answers necessary to unify gravity with quantum
      theory.

      To date, no experimental validation exists. But soon, we will have
      experimental results... Michael Korns will give an overview of the
      three new theories of quantum gravity. The implications for our
      everyday lives will amaze you."

      Korns Research http://www.korns.com