Envisioning Transhumanity - April 29th at UCSD's Price Theatre

  • singularian
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2012
      Hi Futurists!

      A new futurist group has just been formed last month in San Diego, the San Diego Transhumanists. They are based at UCSD, run by two students there, and you can join them on Meetup (42 members so far).

      They are hosting their first conference on Sunday, April 29th, and it will be in the Price Theatre at UCSD (seats 475). This will be a great place for a lot of future oriented people to meet and greet.

      The conference is called Envisioning Transhumanity. I will be one of the speakers, talking about forecasting the future, and the race to inner space.

      Here's the place where you'll find the details as they develop, and where you can become a member of the group now:
      http://www.meetup.com/sdtranshumanists/events/53977952/

      I hope to see some of you next month!

      PS: Buy and read Abundance, 2011, which is in my opinion the best futurist book I've read in the last 10 years. You will learn a lot from it, and be motivated to change the world!

      Warm Regards,

      John Smart