Late-breaking news: Speaker for tomorrow!!!

  • tanseylisa
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006
      Hello,

      Well, I was a little embarassed to have to post this week that I
      did not have a speaker for the upcoming meeting, but flabbergasted by
      the response. Several folks emailed suggestions & even volunteered
      themselves for later talks. Wow! What a great community of
      Futurists!!!
      So, thanks to Beth, who has never even been to one of our events,
      but who adventurously discovered our group on her own by searching
      for local science & technology oriented groups on the web, we have a
      speaker for tomorrow night! Beth put me in touch with a fellow named
      Brian Ostosh who is part of a new company producing a solar fuel
      cell. I've chatted him up a bit and he says he'll come by tomorrow
      night & talk about the Past, Present, & Future of Manufacturing, plus
      touch on the solar fuel cell project at the end. He says he's a baby
      boomer that was sold a vision of the future where people would build
      spaceships, so he actually did that - worked on the space shuttle. I
      did a brief google search on Brian & can see he's into some pretty-
      high tech milling of metal and such. He'll give an informal
      presentation - looking forward to some fun discussion. I think
      manufacturing will be transformed by nanotechnology; he says he'll
      believe that when he sees it. :)
      We'll do the typical meet at 7 pm at the Mira Mesa Barnes & Noble,
      then go across the street for food, drink, and more conversation.
      See y'all tomorrow night.

      -Lisa