September happenings

  • Andrew Breese
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2006
      We are not hosting a meeting/event this Sept. (Lazily taking the month off!)

      There is a superb event in 2 weeks @ Via de la Valle & the 5 though...

      September 14, Thursday, MIND BRAIN SERIES with Terry Sejnowski – the
      newest and latest in brain science: Neuroeconomics.
      http://www.book-works.com/Events_authors/event_sejnowski.htm

      I've read Liars, Lovers & Heroes (his recent popular book), and do recommend it.

      The Book Works actually brings many great speakers in our Future Salon
      tradition, one every couple months lately. The store's new owner is
      herself a charmingly cheerful cognitive scientist who's kept her day
      job & her UCSD-and-beyond Rolodex.

      There's a Pannikin right next door -- and a Taste of Thai around too
      -- for conversations we might have after the event.

      Enjoy!

      Andrew
    • Andrew Breese
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2006
        SUMMARY: There's a fun intellectual event next Thursday! (And Yahoo
        Groups failed to e-mail this last week?)