Re: [sdfuturists] Re: magnetic sense

  • Steve Corwin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
      ** Reply to message from djlarue <djlarue@...> on Mon, 03 Jul
      2006 18:44:31 +0000

      > --- In sdfuturists@yahoogroups.com, lisaware@... wrote:
      > >
      > > How cool is that! I want one!
      > >

      > > http://www.boingboing.net/2006/06/07/implanting_a_magnet_.html
      > >

      > Wow, that's extreme! But why not epoxy RE magnetic discs to the back of
      > the fingernails( at the cuticle ) instead. Probably get something close
      > to the sense of the implant technique without all the surgery.
      >
      > There might even be a market for fake fingernails made of RE magnets.
      > There's already an industry around the 'health' benefits of magnets.
      > It's got to be healthy having some on your finger. ;-) But I wouldn't
      > recommend these on the thumbs unless the relative polarities have been
      > reversed. Otherwise, ten finger typists might have their thumbs
      > 'finding' each other on the spacebar and QWERTY slows us down enough
      > as it is. ;-)
      >
      > Definately an interesting way to add a new sense. Thanks for the link.

      You could superglue a tiny magnet to your fingertip to try it out.
      Take it off with a little acetone if you got tired of it.

      BTW it may be just as well that we didn't have a meeting tonight. I
      drove by there about 6:45, and the traffic was backed up onto the
      freeway. Pirates of the Carribean 2 I presume...

      -Steve