Re: Yay brother!

  • NatelleB
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2010
      That's great that he found guy. I hope he takes care of his young cat.

      poor old cat. IMO ... not that you asked ... I'd put him down. He's got no one that wants him, and you cannot afford to take him on. It sounds to me like your folks have no interest in cats, especially an old cat ...

      Wish more people were more caring about cats. It's not that hard to take care of a cat.

      --- In sdferalcats@yahoogroups.com, "sotitacita" <sotitacita@...> wrote:

      > Found out today cat came home. Apparently was in a walled off section of the garage they use for storage so they didn't notice right away. I'm glad he's home, and I'm glad younger brother got a scare. Maybe now he'll actually do what he says and get kitty chipped and collared.
      >
      > Older brother's cat looks worse (the one with the bad ears), very skinny and no one really wants to take responsibility. Folks and younger bro are upset older bro won't take the cat home now that he's bought a house. Maybe a breakthrough though, younger brother finally said folks will probably foot the vet bill as older brothers wife doesn't want the cat. I told him if the vet bill got too expensive, he should approach older bro for money. We'll see how that goes. I don't want to get too involved as I have no money to spend on the cat, nor the space to take him in unfortunately.
      >
      > Vania
      >
      > --- In sdferalcats@yahoogroups.com, "NatelleB" <natbe@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sorry Vania.
      > >
      > > --- In sdferalcats@yahoogroups.com, "sotitacita" <sotitacita@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > well, bad news. The cat's gone missing. And brother did not get a microchip on him like I'd suggested. He thought he'd "wait a little while" and now it's too late. On the bright side, cat's only been missing about 1 1/2 days and I mentioned the animal shelter and making flyers. So, hopefully little Sal won't end up dead or a permanent stray. Realistically though, the cat was not car savvy and they were idiots to let him out at night (a B&W cat w/o a collar). He probably got smushed. I hope I'm wrong though.
      > > >
      > > > Vania

    • sotitacita
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2010
        I hope he takes care of his kitten too. I'll be disapointed if he doesn't keep him for his whole life. little bro made the apt for older cat (named Pepe). After much prompting from me. He's said he'll make a list of questions to ask the vet such as does he have cancer? Why is he losing weight? And what to do about his ingrown nail. Part of me wishes I could go with him, but luckly I'm out of town that day.

        Vania

        In other good news, neighbor got her cat spayed the 29th as promised. Even gave me my carrier back! Woo hoo! So, that's one down and how many million to go? Well, one at a time.

        --- In sdferalcats@yahoogroups.com, "NatelleB" <natbe@...> wrote:

        > That's great that he found guy. I hope he takes care of his young cat.
        >
        > poor old cat. IMO ... not that you asked ... I'd put him down. He's got no one that wants him, and you cannot afford to take him on. It sounds to me like your folks have no interest in cats, especially an old cat ...
        >
        > Wish more people were more caring about cats. It's not that hard to take care of a cat.
        >

        > --- In sdferalcats@yahoogroups.com, "sotitacita" <sotitacita@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Found out today cat came home. Apparently was in a walled off section of the garage they use for storage so they didn't notice right away. I'm glad he's home, and I'm glad younger brother got a scare. Maybe now he'll actually do what he says and get kitty chipped and collared.
        > >
        > > Older brother's cat looks worse (the one with the bad ears), very skinny and no one really wants to take responsibility. Folks and younger bro are upset older bro won't take the cat home now that he's bought a house. Maybe a breakthrough though, younger brother finally said folks will probably foot the vet bill as older brothers wife doesn't want the cat. I told him if the vet bill got too expensive, he should approach older bro for money. We'll see how that goes. I don't want to get too involved as I have no money to spend on the cat, nor the space to take him in unfortunately.
        > >
        > > Vania
        > >
        > > --- In sdferalcats@yahoogroups.com, "NatelleB" <natbe@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Sorry Vania.

      • NatelleB