Fwd: Re: Structural Deep Democracy(SD2) Q@A/ Bushmonkey algorithm

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2005
      --HighIQSingles@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" wrote:
      --"Ryan Mathew Parr" wrote:
      > "Mark" wrote:

      > > -M: You seem to be trying to defend the *in-degree*(vote
      counting) algorithm. This is what gave us the Bushmonkey. So, are you
      still advocating the Bushmonkey algorithm?

      >R: No, I believe that the founding fathers were onto something.

      -M: They were brilliant men who started a representitive democratic
      revolution that spread throughout the world - they were onto
      something. Madison was rightfully concerned about the "empassioned
      masses" this is why they chose a *republic* instead of a *democracy*.
      When the French experimented with a populistic-democracy, this led to
      the Blood-Bath. SD2 is inspired by American republicanism, and tries
      avoiding the problems of populism. I have wanted to call SD2 "pure
      republicanism" but this scares people because it reminds them of
      something entirely different - the Republican Party.

      >R: Though, who is to say Bush hasn't been elected through poll
      counts being manipulated? I suppose we will never truly know on that
      one, though I believe the system of democracy that we have in place
      is one of the best democratic systems in the world.

      -M: I do to. Is this supposed to be a point?

      -M: What I propose for all current stable republics is a reform in
      the media and educational systems. This is from "SD2 Vision" in the
      files section of my group:
      -------------------
      1. 51% or more of the media using SD2 to select top editors.

      2. 51% or more of schools and districts using SD2 to select top
      administators and superintendents.

      3. At least one mainstream political party in each G-8 nation using
      SD2 to organize its leadership.

      4. All disputed territories organized by SD2.

      5. 51% or more of the nonprofit/independent sector, including
      religions, organized under an SD2 umbrella.

      6. Emerging republics organized by SD2. [...]

      -M: So I am NOT promoting any constitutional changes.

      -M: The PageRank process that I have been promoting wouldn't be for
      official elections, but it would be a way for the media and the
      parties to narrow down the candidates. Cool?

      >R: If only we knew who is deciding in the election process.

      -M: The "Old Boys" network has a powerful influence. I know a lot
      about them, but I don't want to talk too much.

      --- End forwarded message ---