Re: Sir Patrick's no April Fool

  • Thad Floryan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
      --- In sct-user@yahoogroups.com, "Rod Mollise" <rmollise@...> wrote:

      > Only from laughing after I heard about Sir Patrick's prank!
      >
      > Xylophones and Patrick Moore forever (I believe this is the 50th
      > anniversary year of my favorite television program, The Sky at Night)!

      Funny you should mention that. Here's a short animation with sound and
      music of Sir Patrick playing the xylophone along with the space aliens,
      telescopes, and an out-of-this-world trip:

      <http://www2.b3ta.com/patrickmoore/patrick.swf>
    • Thad Floryan
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
        --- In sct-user@yahoogroups.com, Jim Easterbrook <jim@...> wrote:

        > Rod Mollise wrote:
        > >
        > > Xylophones and Patrick Moore forever (I believe this is the 50th
        anniversary
        > > year of my favorite television program, The Sky at Night)!
        >
        > Favourite programme, surely? If you're going to watch our TV, you
        should
        > adopt our spelling. :)
        >
        > It is indeed the 50th anniversary year. The Sky at Night website
        > <http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/spaceguide/skyatnight/> has clips
        > from past programmes and complete episodes of recent programmes to
        > download. I don't know for certain if these are available outside
        the UK.

        To a small degree they are. Each issue of THE SKY AT NIGHT has a CD
        on which can be found one, sometimes two, of the programs, along with
        free astronomy software and firmware updates for Meade and Celestron
        GOTO scopes, pictures and other misc. items.

        I buy my copy of THE SKY AT NIGHT at a local Borders (a bookstore
        chain) monthly and have every issue since Vol.1, No.1.