Re: [sct-user] Re: why don't we use rifle scopes as finders?

  • Steve Chapman
    Message 1 of 113 , Jun 1, 2006
      And then people can keep their anti-gun political bullshit out of the thread
      and stay on topic. Great idea, don't ya think?

      Anyway, using a riflescope seems to be a fabulous idea! Most "good" scopes
      use a 1" barrel which could be utilized by most finder mounts. Riflescopes
      also offer a plethora of crosshair and dot types, variable magnifications,
      long eye relief and fine alignment adjustments.

      Message 113 of 113 , Jun 2, 2006
        --- In sct-user@yahoogroups.com, RMOLLISE@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 6/1/06 8:43:15 PM Central Daylight Time, thad@...
        > writes:
        > >The Driveway Patrol system uses the same type of passive IR >detectors
        > >found in "automatic" lighting systems
        >

        > Hi:
        >
        > Tell me about these again...a Lowes/Home Depot item?

        Very likely; friends and I have bought them at places like Fry's
        Electronics, Long's Drugstore, etc. Available stock comes and
        goes and DP is not the only type of system like this. One could
        probably cobble-up a [better?] system at even lower cost from
        components at hardware stores.

        The whole idea is to detect anything inwards-bound to one's viewing
        area and either alert you and/or via a siren-like alarm cause the
        whatever to scurry away.