Re: [sct-user] Anyone w/ experience w/ C9.25 SGT

  • Thomas Ashcraft
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2006
      Joe,

      I don't have personal experience but I am presently researching what
      might be the optimum SCTs for Jupiter studies. Check out the following
      review at the website below:

      http://www.damianpeach.com/c925review.htm

      Clear skies,
      Thomas Ashcraft

      magsterone2001 wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Thinking about this C9.25 sgt from celestron. Would only do visual
      > with a possibility of a stellacam ii in the far future. Any
      > experience/info would be appreciated. thanks again.
      > Best Regards,
      > Joe

    • Tanveer Gani
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2006
        If I'm not mistaken, the OP was asking about the C9.25 mounted on
        Celestron's equatorial GOTO mount. The Yahoo group Celestron_AS is dedicated
        to this subject and any questions regarding this mount are better asked
        there. There's also a C9-25 Yahoo group dedicated to the C9.25 though I
        think that group's a subset of SCT-USER.

        I actually own this combination and use it for mostly visual observation
        with some webcam planetary imaging. The mount's performed exceptionally
        well for the past year and half and the OTA has superb optics. Too often, my
        limiting factor is the atmosphere, not the scope.

        Regards,

        Tanveer.

      • RMOLLISE@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2006
          In a message dated 4/30/06 11:20:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
          jimwebb9@... writes:
          I> don't know what anyone elses experience is, I'm new to this, but I
          >had a CPC-925 on order for six months only to learn they won't be
          >available until the end of May or maybe June. Apparently Celestron >is
          >in a bit of a money-crunch

          Hi:

          They told you that? Celestron is no longer an independent company...it is
          owned by somebody who should have more than sufficient captial...

          Peace,
          Rod Mollise
          Author of:_Choosing and Using a Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope_
          and: _The Urban Astronomer's Guide_
          http://skywatch.brainiac.com/astroland/index.htm

        • Thad Floryan
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2006
            --- In sct-user@yahoogroups.com, RMOLLISE@... wrote:
            > [...]
            > They told you that? Celestron is no longer an independent company...it
            > is owned by somebody who should have more than sufficient captial...

            Allegedly so, but it seems difficult to verify Synta's financials --
            it must be privately-held.

            Googling "synta financial report" only reveals Synta Pharmaceuticals'
            cancer drugs. Same for "china synta financial report".

            Or could that black "glue for grease" be hazardous biomass? :-)