Re: [sct-user] Horizon to Horizon

  • Frank Sperl
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hi John

      I was being a little tongue in cheek (tic). I'm well aware of the new
      products, and wouldn't mind a MAD MAX Mount or the 16" RCX400. But then
      again I have to share with you that I am very concerned about Meade's
      finances and the sudden departure of their CEO, and his staying on as a
      Board member. I realize that Mr. Murdock may well be liked and held in
      high regard, but still I am convinced after pouring through the SEC
      filings and the two sides airing their dirty laundry - that Mr. Murdock
      nice guy that he is, left under a cloud. I still hold hope that Meade
      will weather the storm and the stock experienced a slight bump today.
      I'm watching to see who comes in from the outside to lead their ship, it
      won't be from inside as it was before. Management is tainted and the
      investors don't want more of the same.

      Marketing group probably is not a fun place to be working right now.
      There must be extreme pressure from inside to put Meade best foot
      forward. Misleading hype and rhetoric in magazines won't cut it with
      those that know. But you know how those marketing types are they all
      have qualifiers, like we were comparing to a Dob or something equally
      stupid.

      Frank

      John Mahony wrote:

      > --- In sct-user@yahoogroups.com, Frank Sperl <astro@c...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi John
      > >
      > > All it means is that it's a slow news day or maybe month.
      >
      > They just introduced a whole slew of new products.
      >
      > -John
      >

      > > John Mahony wrote:
      > >
      > > > Meade just ran an ad in S&T claiming that their scopes are faster
      > than the
      > > > competition. They claim 7 deg/sec for the LX90, 8 deg/sec for
      > the LX200.
      > > >
      > > > The ad has another nice blunder by Meade's marketing dept. After
      > > > claiming that
      > > > their scopes are 2X-3X faster than the competition, they say that
      > this
      > > > means
      > > > you can see 2X-3X more objects in night. Uh, you don't have to
      > be a math
      > > > genius to realize that this only works if you spend all your time
      > slewing-
      > > > which leaves zero time for viewing.
      > > >
      > > > -John

    • Rick Woods