Re: [sct-user] adjusting the forks

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005

      Yes, <http://geocities.com/jmmahony/LX10/forkalign.html>, but read below first.

      > ive got my C8 and wedge, mounted on my desk, dont ask,,,
      > pointed out my window at a pole-line insulator, 3 blocks away,
      > 32mm plossl, forks at the 12:00/6:00 position,
      > alighn to insulator, dec indicator at "0"
      > rotate forks 180 deg,
      > rotate tube 180 deg,
      >
      > i end up 5 deg, front of the tube "up" on the dec indicator,
      > ive been tweeking and adjusting the forks in everyway i can think of
      > to get it down to "0"

      The test that you're doing here is primarily a way to test the accuracy of the
      dec setting circle, not the forks. You read the circle in both positions, then
      reset it to read halfway between the two readings. The dec reading here has
      little to do with the forks.

      -John

      http://mail.yahoo.com