Re: [sct-user] Re: Bob's Knobs

  • geoff beneze
    Message 1 of 118 , Nov 1, 2004
      On Nov 1, 2004, at 2:47 PM, Tom Skinner wrote:

      > After the first few, the answers got so far off topic (that being the
      > economic viability of Bob's Knobs), the question got lost in the noise.
      > High numbers of off-topic posts create problems for everyone. Those on
      > dialup connections can't afford the time and the rest wind up with way
      > too
      > much chaff to winnow from the wheat.

      Unfortunately that does seem to be the nature of email lists in general.

      Although, you have to admit, the thread was pretty much a unique
      experience. I think it's the first time I've ever witnessed such a
      group when they were all in agreement (that BK's are worth it). A first
      that should probably be memorized.

      --
      Geoff Beneze
      Tempe, AZ
      Message 118 of 118 , Jan 24, 2007
        Guys, the normal installation just ain't that hard. Intall the 'Nobs. Look
        down front of tube. Adjust so everything looks concentric. Put it out under
        the stars. Look at Polaris. Rack it in. Jack the power up if the seeing's
        good and spend a further five or ten minutes doing an in-focus collimation.
        You're done.

        Peace,
        Rod Mollise
        Author of:
        Choosing and Using a Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope
        and
        The Urban Astronomer's Guide
        <http://skywatch.brainiac.com/astroland>

        _____