ABOUT AO-7

  • np252003
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hi group can anyone help me to conect my new AO-7 with my st
      2000xmc?????????and how i can make good calibration later?Do i need
      the 3.3 focal reducer(my telescope is a Nexstar 11)?
      Thanks
      Nikos Paschalis
    • Forrest Egan
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
        Nikos,

        Although there may be someone here who can help, you might also try the
        SBIG group.

        Forrest

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
          Nikos,

          Mr. Egan's suggestion of contacting the SBIG group is excellent. I'd
          like to add, depending on the type of photography you're doing, a 6.7 FR
          may be adequate. If you are attempting to do wide field photography, a
          3.3 FR on an SCT, still may not give you the results you want. Assuming
          you have camera control software, such as MaxIm DL, you may wish to
          contact the relevant software support groups for assistance on
          calibration of your AO-7.

          Best regards,
          Tom

          Hi group can anyone help me to conect my new AO-7 with my st
          2000xmc?????????and how i can make good calibration later?Do i need
          the 3.3 focal reducer(my telescope is a Nexstar 11)?
          Thanks
          Nikos Paschalis

          Visit the sct-user home page at:

          http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index4.html

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129cra1gl/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
          D=groups/S=1705082805:HM/EXP=1091450066/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
          p://companion.yahoo.com> click here

          s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=570826387>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Frank S Barnes III
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
            Nikos,
            My understanding is that the 3.3 focal reducer will not come to focus with the AO-7. The 6.3 reducer will work. If you don't have one, you will need a DB9-RJ-12 converter. One of my SBIG
            converters carries the number ST-7-RC. The AO-7 ribbon cable has two DB9 connectors on it. One goes to the camera, and the other one goes to the ST-7-RC. Your guider cable then goes from the
            ST-7-RC to the autoguider input on your mount. That should do it. To keep the ST-7-RC from flopping around, you might want to fins a way to attach it to the camera. I used velcro to hold mine. You can
            see the pictures of the way I did it here:

            http://www.skyimager.com/AO7-Converter-Mod.html

            Calibration with an AO-7 is a two stage process. First you calibrate the AO-7 with your software and then calibrate the mount as you did without the AO-7. This allows the AO-7 to "bump" the
            mount when its deflection threshold is reached to bring it back within its limits.

            HTH ......

            >On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:44:21 +0000, sct-user@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            >Message: 7
            > Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 12:34:12 -0000
            > From: "np252003" <np252003@...>
            >Subject: ABOUT AO-7
            >
            >Hi group can anyone help me to conect my new AO-7 with my st
            >2000xmc?????????and how i can make good calibration later?Do i need
            >the 3.3 focal reducer(my telescope is a Nexstar 11)?
            >Thanks
            >Nikos Paschalis

            Clear Skies ......

            Klaatu Barada Nikto ...