Celestar 8 PEC chips.

  • ashleyparkuk
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2002
      Hi All
      Just fitted the replacement PEC chip for my C8 dx and although the
      led`s indicated 5.5 mins when I tried my scope I found that the motor
      would not work, Thinking the motor was faulty I removed it and
      noticed it `twitching` both in track and skew mode. I was about to
      order a new motor and thought of trying my old PEC chip again and
      when I did the motor started working again???.
      Anyone else had this?.
      Just awaiting a reply from my e-mail to Celestron.
      Excellent service from Celestron BTW and they did not charge me for
      the chip!
      Steve
    • RMOLLISE@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2002
        steve.cuthbert1@... writes:

        > . I was about to
        > order a new motor and thought of trying my old PEC chip again and
        > when I did the motor started working again???.
        > Anyone else had this?.

        Hi:

        Hadn't heard of this before. If your chip was properly seated int he socket
        and inserted the correct way vis-a-vis the key...there's not much to say
        other than it must be bad and you'll need a replacement from Celestron.

        Peace,
        Rod Mollise,
        <http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html>