[sct-user] Re: New Group Member...

  • ross128@usa.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 1999
      <19990802220854.53910.qmai-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/sct-user/?start=456
      > Thanks Rod, and here's my first question for the group:
      >
      > Has anybody tried any of the Vixen LVW superwide eyepieces?

      Hi Dave. I have the 22mm Vixen Lanthanum superwide. I think it's a
      great eyepiece. I use it in my CAT and in my 10" f/5.6 dob and it is
      sharp to the edges with these scopes. I don't know how it would do on
      a faster scope as I haven't tried it on one yet. I love the AFOV of
      these eyepieces. They remind my alot of Panoptics. The Vixens seem to
      have a slight problem with false color and a slight bit of ghosting,
      but I use mine for deep sky only anyway. I plan on getting more of
      this set, but I'm gonna check out the 40mm UO MK-70 for my lowest power
      widest field EP.

      Phillip Hosey
      http://www.members.tripod.com/ross128
      Auburn Astronomical Society
      http://www.mindspring.com/~rwhigham
    • P T Chambers
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 1999
        Welcome aboard, Dave. We never got around to talking about what groups we
        belong to the other night. :-O

        ---------
        Phil Chambers [ptchamb@...] (S.F. Bay Area - Calif. USA)

        On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Dave Bush wrote:

        > Hey everybody,
        >
        > I just found you all and signed up.
        >
        > I've got an 8" LX50,
        > 27 Pan, 16, 12, 9, and 7 Naglers.
        >
        > I'm into deepsky 80%, shallow sky 15%.
        >
        > Look forward to learning from you all.
        >
        > Dave Bush
        > Antioch, CA

        > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/630
        >
        > Visit the sct-user home page at:
        >
        > http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index4.html

      • Dave Bush
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 1999
          Philip,

          Thanks for the reply. I am thinking about getting the 22 to see how I like
          it. I had a 40mm MK-70 and thought it was pretty good. I sold it however
          when I got the f/6.3 reducer/corrector. I could not use it with the
          reducer, it vignetted quit a bit. My lowest power/widest field ep is the
          27mm panoptic. With the f/6.3 reducer/corrector the stars are sharp across
          the whole field.

          Dave