[sct-user] Re: New Group Member...

  • JS88Keyz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2 5:44 PM
      ************************Welcome to the club***********************
    • ross128@usa.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2 6:32 PM
        <19990802220854.53910.qmai-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/sct-user/?start=456
        > Thanks Rod, and here's my first question for the group:
        >
        > Has anybody tried any of the Vixen LVW superwide eyepieces?

        Hi Dave. I have the 22mm Vixen Lanthanum superwide. I think it's a
        great eyepiece. I use it in my CAT and in my 10" f/5.6 dob and it is
        sharp to the edges with these scopes. I don't know how it would do on
        a faster scope as I haven't tried it on one yet. I love the AFOV of
        these eyepieces. They remind my alot of Panoptics. The Vixens seem to
        have a slight problem with false color and a slight bit of ghosting,
        but I use mine for deep sky only anyway. I plan on getting more of
        this set, but I'm gonna check out the 40mm UO MK-70 for my lowest power
        widest field EP.

        Phillip Hosey
        http://www.members.tripod.com/ross128
        Auburn Astronomical Society
        http://www.mindspring.com/~rwhigham
      • P T Chambers
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2 6:53 PM
          Welcome aboard, Dave. We never got around to talking about what groups we
          belong to the other night. :-O

          ---------
          Phil Chambers [ptchamb@...] (S.F. Bay Area - Calif. USA)

          On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Dave Bush wrote:

          > Hey everybody,
          >
          > I just found you all and signed up.
          >
          > I've got an 8" LX50,
          > 27 Pan, 16, 12, 9, and 7 Naglers.
          >
          > I'm into deepsky 80%, shallow sky 15%.
          >
          > Look forward to learning from you all.
          >
          > Dave Bush
          > Antioch, CA

          > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/630
          >
          > Visit the sct-user home page at:
          >
          > http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index4.html

        • Dave Bush
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4 7:20 AM
            Philip,

            Thanks for the reply. I am thinking about getting the 22 to see how I like
            it. I had a 40mm MK-70 and thought it was pretty good. I sold it however
            when I got the f/6.3 reducer/corrector. I could not use it with the
            reducer, it vignetted quit a bit. My lowest power/widest field ep is the
            27mm panoptic. With the f/6.3 reducer/corrector the stars are sharp across
            the whole field.

            Dave