[sct-user] Re: Real Star Testing in the Daytime

  • Paul Goelz
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 1999
      >If anyone tries this for the first time and succeeds, please let me
      >know!
      >While you can't do difraction rings by day, collimation is a snap!
      >
      >Herman Heyn, Baltimore, Md.

      Well, it was easy the first time I tried it, but I "cheated".... I used an
      LX200. Sync on Venus, and jump to a star. Easy.

      I've now looked at dozens of stars plus Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and
      Saturn in daylight, both at the eyepiece and using a CCD video camera.

      Paul Goelz
      Rochester Hills, MI
      pgoelz at eaglequest dot com
      Videoastronomy and music web site: