Jupiter 01/01 GRS

  • Christopher Go
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2013
      Happy New Year!! After over 5 days of suffering a flu, I am
      getting better now! Seeing was good this evening. That is before
      the clouds rolled in.

      The GRS is setting. Note the complex wake following the GRS. There
      are two prominent outbreak within this wake.

      The large dark EZ festoon seem to be interacting with the dark barge
      in the NEB. These features are dark in CH4. The NNTZ LRS is also
      prominent and very bright in CH4.

      More info at:

      http://astro.christone.net/jupiter

      Regards,

      Chris

      Christopher and Vicky Go
      Christone Industries
      Manufacturer and Exporter of Quality Furniture
      Cebu, Philippines
      http://www.christone.net
      astronomy homepage: http://astro.christone.net
      HST Jupiter Collaboration: http://www.redspotjr.com

    • leotaylor2
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2013
        --- Christopher Go wrote:

        > Happy New Year!! After over 5 days of suffering a flu, I am
        > getting better now! Seeing was good this evening. That is before
        > the clouds rolled in.

        Hi Chris,

        It seems most of my friends in Northeast USA are coughing, sneezing, etc. I didn't know the season of colds and flu extended across the Pacific!

        I always enjoy your detailed photos of Jupiter (and Saturn) and your narrow band filter images as well.

        Leo Taylor
      • Brian Combs
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2013
          I am glad you are feeling better Chris. Your flu obviously didn't affect
          your imaging! My god your stuff has been consistently good! I, on the other
          hand have had an awful apparition over all. The weather and bad seeing
          continues!

          Brian