Jupiter 12/10 GRS, Oval BA and Europa

  • Christopher Go
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2012
      Transparency was poor today because of haze. Seeing was, however, good.

      The GRS is prominent in these images. You can see features inside
      the GRS! The core of the GRS is dark followed by an inner
      ring. Note the small white oval inside the GRS on the northern part
      of the inner ring. The wake following the GRS is very
      complex. There is a bright outbreaks embedded on the wake of the GRS.

      Oval BA and the small dark spot can be seen setting. Europa and it's
      shadow is on the STB just south of the GRS.

      The NEB and NTB looks quiet in this region.

      More info at:

      http://astro.christone.net/jupiter

      Regards,

      Chris

      Christopher and Vicky Go
      Christone Industries
      Manufacturer and Exporter of Quality Furniture
      Cebu, Philippines
      http://www.christone.net
      astronomy homepage: http://astro.christone.net
      HST Jupiter Collaboration: http://www.redspotjr.com

    • ancient.sull
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2012
        I (and others) don't usually comment on your frequent posts but we all do look at them each time you post a new image, in part to see the beauty of the images and in part to slowly learn more about the changing features of Jupiter.

        Thanks very much for your perseverance in imaging and for sharing those images and a brief explanation.

        Drew S.