Jupiter with Io transiting.

  • Leonard
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
      A break in the clouds, last night, allowed me to capture Jupiter and Io transiting when the air appeared to be very stable. Jupiter was dead steady on my monitor allowing me to focus well. Here is the image:

      http://www.astrophotogallery.org/member-galleries/p8589-jupiter2b-io-transit.html

      The addition of the 3 channels to the coloured image shows the quality of the seeing conditions

      Clear Skies,

      Leonard E. Mercer
      (Malta)
    • Terry Tuggle
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
        Leonard,
        Nice result! Good seeing always helps!
        Terry

        A break in the clouds, last night, allowed me to capture Jupiter and Io transiting when the air appeared to be very stable. Jupiter was dead steady on my monitor allowing me to focus well. Here is the image:

        http://www.astrophotogallery.org/member-galleries/p8589-jupiter2b-io-transit.html

        The addition of the 3 channels to the coloured image shows the quality of the seeing conditions

        Clear Skies,

        Leonard E. Mercer
        (Malta)

      • Leonard Ellul-Mercer
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
          Thanks, Terry

          Jupiter's dynamic atmosphere makes it a great object to image.

          K. regards,

          Leonard.

          On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Terry Tuggle <tlt284@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Leonard,
          > Nice result! Good seeing always helps!
          > Terry

        • John Reilly
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
            Very nice! I was out watching for a little while but the big winds sent me in
            before I could see ingress and shadow. Thanks for showing what I missed. Again,
            Very nice

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2011
              Thanks John,

              You had the pleasure of viewing the event enlarged and without being in the
              cold. :-)

              Leonard.

            • karlo.ispan@ntlworld.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2011
                superb ! The level of detail is awesome, and clearly from the individual channel images, your skies were XLNT . Well done !

                --- In sct-user@yahoogroups.com, "Leonard" <lellulmercer@...> wrote:

                > A break in the clouds, last night, allowed me to capture Jupiter and Io transiting when the air appeared to be very stable. Jupiter was dead steady on my monitor allowing me to focus well. Here is the image:
                >
                > http://www.astrophotogallery.org/member-galleries/p8589-jupiter2b-io-transit.html
                >
                > The addition of the 3 channels to the coloured image shows the quality of the seeing conditions
                >
                > Clear Skies,
                >
                > Leonard E. Mercer
                > (Malta)

              • Leonard Ellul-Mercer