Re: [sct-user] Go Green with Uncle Rod! (OT)

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 7, 2010
      It's still just a theory at this point, since I'm not sure about the
      quantitative details (do cones really dominate over rods under full moonlight?)
      Under a full moon, colors don't seem obvious to me, but then naturally I don't
      spend much time outside under a full moon, so I haven't really checked. But I
      think some colors would come through, and since our eyes are most sensitive to
      green, that would be the easiest color to see.

      -John

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 7, 2010
        > It's still just a theory at this point, ...

        Do we have a SCT user on board of ISS?
        --
        Regards, Rok
      • Rod Mollise

          > It's still just a theory at this point, ...

          Do we have a SCT user on board of ISS?
          --
          Regards, Rok

        • thad_floryan
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 7, 2010
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 7, 2010
              As I recall, it was to be a C14. Haven't heard a peep since.

              I guess it woulda been prety hard to look through the eyepiece with a spacesuit on. :O)

              Bill

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 7, 2010
                The AL was working on an amateur space telescope, and actually had a mockup
                and plans for a control center at Vanderbilt's observatory. I suspect the
                problem was the downturn in NASA's fortunes and the Columbia loss.

                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 7, 2010
                  The C14 was the ground-based test instrument, located out west and
                  controlled from Vanderbilt. The spaceborne telescope may not necessarily
                  have been a C14, and would most assuredly not have been a stock scope.

                  I believe the plan is still alive in some shape form or fashion.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 9, 2010
                      You can resign yourself any time you want. If you didn't like the thread,
                      why did you add to it after I said I wanted it stopped?

                      Y'all...ONE MORE TIME...this one is over.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 9, 2010
                        Did you miss my post? This thread is DONE. Do I have to go medieval on
                        y'all?!

                        Don't POST TO THIS AGAIN!

                        From: chuck kimball <artists@...>
                        To: sct-user@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Friday, July 9, 2010, 2:07 PM

                        hey guys, I'm afraid the operative words here are "Fox news
                        reported ..."

                        out of context reporting by people of whatever conviction is what
                        really drives our only real problem... division...

                        remember, this is the United States of America...

                        On Jul 8, 2010, at 8:49 AM, eddwen2001 wrote:

                        > It doesn't matter anymore. NASA has been re-assigned.
                        >
                        > From AERO-NET Tue, 06 Jul '10
                        >
                        > Bolden: NASA's Primary Mission Should Be To Foster Better Muslim
                        > Relations
                        >
                        > Comments Made During Interview With Al Jazeera Television.
                        >
                        > In a recent interview with Al Jazeera television, NASA
                        > Administrator Charles Bolden said his, and by extension NASA's
                        > "foremost" mission is to improve U.S./Muslim relations. And he said
                        > President Obama has given him that task.
                        >
                        > "When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the
                        > NASA administrator -- he (Obama) charged me with three things,"
                        > Bolden told the interviewer. "One was he wanted me to help re-
                        > inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me
                        > to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps
                        > foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim
                        > world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help
                        > them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and
                        > math and engineering,"
                        >
                        > Fox News reports that Bolden was in the Middle East last month to
                        > mark the anniversary of the President's speech to Muslim nations in
                        > Cairo. During the interview, he described space exploration as an
                        > international effort, and that the Muslim world must be a part of
                        > that effort.
                        >
                        > Bolden insisted his mission was not diplomatic. He said the U.S. is
                        > not going to travel beyond low-Earth orbit without international
                        > help, and that no country could make it to Mars on its own. He held
                        > up international partnerships with the Russians, Japan, and Europe
                        > in ISS as examples of they type of international cooperation that
                        > continued space exploration will require. He told Al Jazeera that
                        > the Moon, Mars, and asteroids are all potential destinations for
                        > manned space flight, but a lunar colony was unlikely because "you
                        > don't have to."
                        >
                        > --- In sct-user@yahoogroups.com, "Rod Mollise" <rmollise@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > The C14 was the ground-based test instrument, located out west and
                        > > controlled from Vanderbilt. The spaceborne telescope may not
                        > necessarily
                        > > have been a C14, and would most assuredly not have been a stock
                        > scope.
                        > >
                        > > I believe the plan is still alive in some shape form or fashion.
                        > >

                        > > Peace,
                        > > Rod Mollise
                        > > Rod's new book:
                        > > _Choosing and Using a New CAT_
                        > > Time to waste? Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog:
                        > >
                        > > http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/

                      • chuck kimball
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 9, 2010
                          a thousand apologies Rod, I didn't see your post as I had scrubbed
                          the slate too soon... thanks for the clarity, I value your rants and
                          commentary very highly.... no plans to resign..

                          chuck

                          On Jul 9, 2010, at 1:22 PM, Rod Mollise wrote:

                          > You can resign yourself any time you want. If you didn't like the
                          > thread,
                          > why did you add to it after I said I wanted it stopped?
                          >
                          > Y'all...ONE MORE TIME...this one is over.
                          >
                          > Peace,
                          > Rod Mollise
                          > Rod's new book:
                          > _Choosing and Using a New CAT_
                          > Time to waste? Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog:
                          >
                          > http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/

                        • Rod Mollise
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 9, 2010
                            S'okay...;-)