Re: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Software Maturity in Agile Development

  • Stephen J. Bobick
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3 1:28 PM
      >From: Joseph Snively <myv6altima@...>
      >I see software that's developed in Agile environments to be less tested (ironically) in some respects. This perception is based on the idea that the code is constantly evolving, so the testing that we did in the first increment may not have much value to the end product. So, recap...Code evolves. As code evolves, what do we do to ensure that the final product is robust, well tested and ready for prime-time.

      Continuous Integration.

      The tests that you did in the first n-1 iterations all become regression tests that continue to run over and over again (with every check-in or at least nightly). Tools like Eclipse, JUnit, Ant, and Cruise Control facillitate this (in the Java realm). I'm sure .NET has analogs.

      -- Stephen
    • David H.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3 1:39 PM
        Stephen J. Bobick wrote:
        >> From: Joseph Snively <myv6altima@...>
        >> I see software that's developed in Agile environments to be less tested (ironically) in some respects. This perception is based on the idea that the code is constantly evolving, so the testing that we did in the first increment may not have much value to the end product. So, recap...Code evolves. As code evolves, what do we do to ensure that the final product is robust, well tested and ready for prime-time.
        >
        > Continuous Integration.
        +1

        -d