FW: Finetix Client Seminar Wed 30th Nov - Agile Software Delivery in Capital Markets

  • Matt Davey
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005

      From: Ross Hamilton
      Sent: Tue 01/11/2005 1:49 PM
      To: Finetix All
      Cc: marketing@...
      Subject: Finetix Client Seminar Wed 30th Nov - Agile Software Delivery in Capital Markets

      Hi All,

      Please find attached the email detailing the seminar we are running with Ken Schwaber on Wed Nov 30. Feel free to forward this on to anyone you know on the client side that might be interested in attending.  All participants should send an email to marketing@... to register their interest in attending.

      Let me know if you have any questions.

      Cheers,
      Ross.

      http://www.finetix.com

      Agile Software Delivery In Capital Markets
      Date: Wednesday 30th November 2005
      Time: 8:00am - 10:00am
      Location: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1605 Broadway New York, New York 10019
      Hosted By: Finetix LLC

      Featured Speakers:
      • Ken Schwaber co-creator of  the Scrum software development process, Ken is one of the leaders of the agile software development movement, and a founder of the Agile Alliance .
      • John Nolan -  an acknowledged leader in eXtreme Programming  and having founded and run Connextra for 5 years (the world's longest running XP project),  John has delivered numerous capital market projects and is an expert in object-oriented technologies .
      Seminar Overview:

      Over the past several years, various Agile methodologies are fast gaining acceptance as an alternative to classic "waterfall" development processes, and are now embraced by some of the most innovative and successful development organizations globally.

      Finetix is hosting this breakfast seminar to focus on the successful delivery of systems in Capital Markets using agile development methodologies. This seminar should be of interest to anyone who is planning, managing or executing complex enterprise systems that require reliable and frequent delivery of functionality to end-users.

      Over the last 11 years Finetix has delivered dozens of projects for clients in Capital Markets in an agile manner. Agile development techniques such as Scrum and XP allow enterprises to deliver production quality systems in a reliable manner using short frequent intervals that embraces on-going changes in the business and technical requirements of the system and are test-driven all the way through.

      This seminar will feature an overview of agile development techniques and their real-life application in Capital Markets.

       Proposed Agenda:

      Agile Delivery In Capital Markets.

      • Welcome & Introductions
      • A Decade of Agile Delivery in Capital Markets.
        David Chapman, Partner & CTO, Finetix
      • The Art Of The Possible: Agile Development with Scrum.
        Ken Schwaber, co-founder Of Scrum.
      • Embracing Change: Successfully Delivering Systems In Capital Markets.

      Practical Application of Agile Development in Capital Markets

      • Making eXtreme Programming (XP) Work In Capital Markets.
        John Nolan, Senior Architect, Finetix UK.
      • Building Trading & Risk Management Systems  Using XP & Scrum.
        David Lattimore-Gay, Partner & Chief Architect, Finetix
      • Discussion/Q&A

      Registration to this free event is very limited. Please email us at marketing@... for more information and to register your interest in attending. We will also be sending out further details nearer the event.

      Also, Ken Schwaber will for the first time be teaching his Scrum Master Certification Course in New York City on December 1st and 2nd. Do not miss this unique opportunity to become a Certified Scrum Master. You can register to attend  through Ken's website, here.

    • k c
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
        I would like to attend seminar.

        Regards,

        Kip

        --- Matt Davey <matt.davey@...> wrote:

        > ________________________________

        __________________________________
        http://farechase.yahoo.com
      • Matt Davey
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2005
          Can U send an email to marketing@... please

          Later

          ________________________________

> [...]
          >

          > * Making eXtreme Programming (XP) Work In Capital
          > Markets.
          > John Nolan, Senior Architect, Finetix UK.
          > * Building Trading & Risk Management Systems Using
          > XP & Scrum.
          > David Lattimore-Gay, Partner & Chief Architect,
          > Finetix
          > * Discussion/Q&A
          >
          > Registration to this free event is very limited.
          > Please email us at marketing@...
          > <mailto:marketing@...> for more information
          > and to register your interest in attending. We will
          > also be sending out further details nearer the
          > event.
          >
          > Also, Ken Schwaber will for the first time be
          > teaching his Scrum Master Certification Course in
          > New York City on December 1st and 2nd. Do not miss
          > this unique opportunity to become a Certified Scrum
          > Master. You can register to attend through Ken's

        • Alfred Bailey
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005

            Are there any plans of this Seminar being run in London ?

            Thanks

            Alfred

            Date: Wednesday 30th November 2005
            Time: 8:00am - 10:00am
[...]

            This message has been scanned by the Datanet MessageScreen Service.
            For more information please visit http://www.MessageScreen.co.uk

          • Matt Davey
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
              Hi Alfred,

              Not at this time, but possibly next year

              later

              Date: Wednesday 30th November 2005
              Time: 8:00am - 10:00am
[...]

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              This message has been scanned by the Datanet MessageScreen Service.
              For more information please visit http://www.MessageScreen.co.uk

            • Stephen Freeman
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 13, 2005
                In the meantime, you might consider attending London XpDay.

                http://www.xpday.org/

                Selling out fast :)

                S.