RE: [scrumdevelopment] Days remaining and Hours remaining: How to use them?

  • Guofeng Zhang
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2005

      Hubert,

      I understand it.

      Your Excel template solves my issue.

      I think that the Days remaining in the product backlog should be removed. The estimate for a product backlog item will be in ideal days or story point, and the estimate for the tasks in sprint backlog item is in real hours. It might not be easy to convert the hours to the ideal days or story point. As Jim Schiel point out that the estimate of the product backlog item should be treated as budgeted cost.

      When all the tasks under a product backlog item in a sprint finished, we can set the status of the product backlog item to Done, so the Burndown Chart could reflect our real progress.

      Is my understanding correct?

      Thanks

      Guofeng