Re: [scrumdevelopment] When and how are automated acceptance tests created?

  • Steven Gordon
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2005
      Lawrie,

      A tool like Fit/Fitnesse ( http://fitnesse.org/ ) offers the following
      way to break things down:
      - The tests themselves are just tables that specify sequences of
      actions and expected results
      - Test Fixtures execute those tabular tests against the system being tested

      In this way the tests themselves can be specified by the customer as
      tables. This means not only can the tests be defined before the system
      interfaces are designed, but also customers can define tests without
      having to know technical details about the system.

      The test fixture to make any test table actually execute can be built
      by developers or testers immediately after the requisite system
      interfaces have been defined.

      Steven Gordon