Certified ScrumMaster

  • Ken Schwaber
    Message 1 of 113 , Mar 4, 2003
      Two questions:

      1. You have a customer that wants you to start a new team going with
      Scrum, which they've never used before. The work requires you to be
      onsite for the duration of the project, which you can't do. So who do
      you trust with your customer. What are the qualifications of someone
      who you are willing to put in the customer in place of yourself,
      knowing that your repuatation is on the line?

      2. You have a customer that wants to take over the Scrum work from
      you. They'll select and use their own ScrumMasters rather than using
      you. They don't know a good value when they see one. What do you tell
      them is the process for qualifying someone as an internal ScrumMaster?

      Ken
    • Mike Beedle
      Message 113 of 113 , Mar 10, 2003
        Ron:

        Sorry for the pun intended, the proper name is
        "burndown chart" as Mike stated, not "burnout chart",
        but that all depends how you feel as you come down
        from the "mountain of hours and features" ;-)

        - Mike

        --- Mike Cohn <mike@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Ron--
        I think Mike is referring to a "burndown" rather than
        "burnout" chart.
        Although I'd like to try graphing how burnt out I feel
        at the end of each
        day.
        An example burndown chart is
        http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/scrum/sprintbacklog.html.
        Scroll down a
        bit and you'll see it bordered in the green.

        -Mike