FW: RE: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Certified ScrumMaster

  • info
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2003
      Now you seem
      >to be arguing for gaining understanding BY practicing, but one
      at a time.

      No, I'm saying some things they can understand up front and they
      transition by doing them (the ones they understand). This then
      helps them learn things that helps them understand other things.
      It follows my "pick-up sticks model of training" except in this
      case I should call it my "pick-up sticks model of doing".

      http://www.netobjectivesbooks.com/N_O_BookFeedback_Wiki/owbase/ow.asp?ThePickupSticksModelOfTeaching

      And, I agree they have to do to get good. Before my TDD demonstration,
      they don't understand why it can work. They don't understand
      the importance of coupling/cohesion/redundancy rules. Afterwards,
      they may not be very good, but they understand what they need
      to attendn to and they aren't just in a trusting mode because
      someone said to be so.

      Alan Shalloway
      CEO, Net Objectives
      www.netobjectives.com

      "if you think you can or think you can't, you are right" - henry
      ford