Re: Simple Certification Question

  • banshee858
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2005

      > Is taking one of the 2-day courses the only way to become a Certified
      > ScrumMaster?

      AFAIK, yes it is the only way to become certified. If you want to be
      a CSM, you need to take the two-day class.

      > Is this a 'real' certification--with a single governing body that
      > determines what certification means?

      I would consider it a "real" certification. Not so sure about a
      single governing body. I know the big Scrum practitioners meet from
      time-to-time, i.e. ScrumGathering, to evaluate their direction. I
      have no idea what they decide or talk about. However, what does a
      "real" certification mean to you? What would it mean to have a
      "single governing body that determines what certification means"?

      There was some discussion a few months back where the question came up
      about taking away someone's certification because they completely
      missed the spirit of Scrum and self-organizing teams. The end result
      of the discussion was pretty while a certificate can be issued, there
      is no way (or will) to police people on "proper application" of Scrum.
      Does this anecdote help?

      Carlton