How to split the Scrum teams, implementing a platform?

  • emmanuel_etasse
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
      Hi,

      We are working on a big project since a couple of years. We want to
      implement Scrum in this project. We have to split the teams into
      separated Scrum but don't know exactly how to do it.
      A big part of the project must be "reusable" and the other a specific
      application. The reusable part is a platform for future
      applications. The platform is still under implementation and we also
      start to build the first application on top of the platform.

      I disagree the idea to split teams into a "platform Scrum" and an
      "application Scrum" because I guess the platform will change all along
      the application will be implemented... other think that a product
      owner for the platform should be exist: this is difficult for me to
      understand
      because no costumer will use the platform itself but only the
      applications built on top of it! For me, the "platform" must be a
      constraint oover the design of the application and not an user goal...
      please do you have any idea about this philosophical dilemn?
      Thanks a lot.
    • David H.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
        On 10/3/05, emmanuel_etasse <emmanuel.etasse@...> wrote:
        > Hi,

        Have a look at the THeory of Constraints and think of it like this.
        Why can't the Application be the Product Owner of the Platform ?

        -d