Secrets of Agile Teamwork public workshop December 6-8 2005

  • Esther Derby
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2005
      Hi, ScrumMasters --

      Last April, Diana Larsen and I offered a new workshop on collaboration
      skills for Agile teams. The response was great, and we are excited to
      announce the next public offering of the workshop.

      The Secrets of Agile Teamwork: Beyond Technical Skills

      December 6-8, 2005
      Portland, Oregon

      Beyond technical skills, Agile success depends on productive
      self-organizing teams. How do you develop, grow, and maintain a
      functioning self-organizing team? It’s not magic, but it doesn’t just
      happen either. Effective self-organizing teams rely on personal and
      interpersonal effectiveness. In this workshop, we’ll discover the
      secrets to developing the skills you need to succeed and lead on a
      self-organizing team.

      Spend three days learning how to create and nurture high performing
      teams.

      Workshop Outline:
      1. Communication
      -- External processes of communication
      -- Internal processes of communication
      -- Untangling miscommunications
      -- Communication practice
      2. Navigating Conflict
      -- Four types of conflict
      -- Recognizing and intervening on conflicts
      -- Conflict case studies activities
      -- Navigating conflict practice
      3. Feedback
      -- The goal of peer-to-peer feedback
      -- Feedback guidelines
      -- Feedback giver and receiver responsibilities
      -- Feedback practice
      4. Shared Leadership
      -- Shared leadership behaviors
      -- Recognizing and encouraging leadership behaviors activities
      -- Shared leadership practice
      5. Team Formation
      -- Stages of team formation
      -- Diagnosing team development
      -- Supporting effective team development
      -- Team formation practice
      6. Personal and Organizational Change
      -- How change affects individuals and groups
      -- Strategies to support people through change
      7. Transitioning workshop concepts back to the workplace

      For more information, contact:

      Esther Derby Diana Larsen
      derby@... dlarsen@...
      phone: 612-724-8114 phone: 503-288-3550

      Esther Derby
      Esther Derby Associates, Inc.
      Writer, Consultant, Facilitator:  Insights you can use...
      612-724-8114 voice; 612-724-8115 fax
      ***
      Coming in September:
      Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management
      http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rdbcd/index.html
      ***
      Secrets of Agile Teamwork
      December 6-9 in Portland, OR
      Send me an email for more information.
      ***
      Mark your calendar for the AYE Conference
      Phoenix, AZ
      November 6-9, 2005
      www.ayeconference.com