Re: [scrumdevelopment] Certified ScrumMaster

  • Marco Abis
    Message 1 of 113 , Mar 3, 2003
      >I think that doing the practices brings understanding, not the other way around.

      of course doing practices "helps" to understand but in my experieces this is not automatic. I see a lot of people reading a book, say about XP, and doing pairs without an understanding. This is the case where managers end up saying: "pairs is just a way to spend double to do half the work".

      >And are there "steps to follow" in agile methods? Or are there just
      >actions to take in response to the moment?

      exactly!! That's why I don't think an exam taken in the common way (multiple choices) would be useful. There are not just steps to follow. Let me say the word "follow" (in the linear sense) belongs to the defined approach.

      Marco Abis - CEO & Chairman
      Agility SPI: Software Process Improvement
      abis@... - abis@...
      http://agilemovement.it
    • Mike Beedle
      Message 113 of 113 , Mar 10, 2003
        Ron:

        Sorry for the pun intended, the proper name is
        "burndown chart" as Mike stated, not "burnout chart",
        but that all depends how you feel as you come down
        from the "mountain of hours and features" ;-)

        - Mike

        --- Mike Cohn <mike@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Ron--
        I think Mike is referring to a "burndown" rather than
        "burnout" chart.
        Although I'd like to try graphing how burnt out I feel
        at the end of each
        day.
        An example burndown chart is
        http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/scrum/sprintbacklog.html.
        Scroll down a
        bit and you'll see it bordered in the green.

        -Mike