Re: Scrum tools - Microsoft Team System - VersionOne

  • David J Anderson
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 9, 2005
      I expect you'll see this kind of thing happening after the product
      launches in Q1 2006.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Tenczar" <jtenczar@y...>
      wrote:
      > The product sounds impressive, but with that much in one package,
      > how does MS intend to educate consumers? Is there a way to attend a
      > free one-day seminar on the benefits?
      >
      > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "David J Anderson"
    • Clarke Ching
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 10, 2005
        Hi David,

        From my very limited understanding of the product, you have setup templates that work in agile and non-agile environments.  I'm intrigued to know what approach you/MS used to build the product?

        Are you able to share this kind of info or is it proprietary

        Clarke

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 15, 2005
          Generically, Team Foundation is a work item tracking system which
          allows you to specify work flow for work items in the form of a
          state transition model.

          Everything else is configurable in XML, e.g. the types of work
          items - bugs, issues, risks, tasks, change requests and so forth -
          and the layout of the forms on the screen (within the tool).

          Then you optionally author guidance for each activity (task) which
          describes the entry criteria, task and exit criteria.

          Optionally you can create policies which enforce the flow.

          All of this is described in the SDK documentation and is not
          confidential.

          Regards,

          David

          --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Clarke Ching" <lists@c...>
          wrote:
          > Hi David,
          >
          > From my very limited understanding of the product, you have setup
          templates
          > that work in agile and non-agile environments. I'm intrigued to
          know what
          > approach you/MS used to build the product?
          >
          > Are you able to share this kind of info or is it proprietary
          >
          > Clarke
          >

          > _____

          Anderson
          > Sent: 09 September 2005 17:34