Re: WIP

  • David J Anderson
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 6, 2005
      Dollar Days is all about amplication. It's about improving signal to
      noise ratio in management accounting. From the perspective of this
      thread, it is largely irrelevant. We're deciding where to start the
      WIP measurement and the lead time measurement.

      David

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Clarke Ching" <lists@c...>
      wrote:
      > Ron wrote:
      > >Perhaps WIP is supposed to be measured in dollars or time, not
      number of
      > items?
      >
      > Goldratt recommends using "Dollar-days" to measure WIP in factories -
      thus
      > taking into account both time and dollars. I've posted a note below
      > describing Dollar-Days, which I originally sent to Kent Beck's
      Software in