Re: [scrumdevelopment] Timesheet Package

  • Keith Lancaster
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
      I'm using Xplanner wth some success. Check out http://www.xplanner.org/.

      Keith

      On 9/2/05, Baboo Kureemun <baboo.kureemun@...> wrote:
      Agilists,

      Can anyone point me to a "light time tracking software"?  We are using
      spreasheets to track progress of each sprint, however we have to satisfy
      a need of recording/tracking 'actual time spent'.

      Any pointers?

      Much thanks,
      Baboo

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9EfwlB/TM

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Joe Tenczar
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7, 2005
        Scrumworks.com can probably do this for you. It may be the least
        expensive (and least feature-rich) app for Scrum.

        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Baboo Kureemun"
        <baboo.kureemun@e...> wrote:
        > Agilists,
        >
        > Can anyone point me to a "light time tracking software"? We are
        using
        > spreasheets to track progress of each sprint, however we have to
        satisfy
        > a need of recording/tracking 'actual time spent'.
        >
        > Any pointers?
        >
        > Much thanks,
        > Baboo
      • Michael James
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 8, 2005
          To clarify, ScrumWorks does not track actuals. This is not part of Scrum.

          We've considered adding a plug-in for this, but at the moment it's not high on our backlog
          because of the potential for abuse, and also because every user has a different way they want
          to do it.

          Many people who download ScrumWorks aren't well versed in Scrum, and expect to find MS-
          Project features, or misleading indicators like "percentage done." We're doing what we can to
          keep from leading people astray.

          --mj

          --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Tenczar" <jtenczar@y...> wrote:
          > Scrumworks.com can probably do this for you. It may be the least
          > expensive (and least feature-rich) app for Scrum.
        • morri027
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 8, 2005
            VersionOne can track actual time spent on each task, and will let
            you specify a pair, so both participants get credit. It's not used
            to measure progress on the sprints, and is not really related to
            SCRUM, but it does come in handy. We support 6 products, so it
            helps me figure out how much development time is spent on each
            product (for cost allocation purposes) without requiring the
            development team to enter time in a separate time-tracking package.

            --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Michael James"
            <michael@d...> wrote:
            > To clarify, ScrumWorks does not track actuals. This is not part
            of Scrum.

            > We've considered adding a plug-in for this, but at the moment it's
            not high on our backlog
            > because of the potential for abuse, and also because every user
            has a different way they want
            > to do it.
            >
            > Many people who download ScrumWorks aren't well versed in Scrum,
            and expect to find MS-
            > Project features, or misleading indicators like "percentage
            done." We're doing what we can to
            > keep from leading people astray.
            >
            > --mj
            >

            > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Tenczar"
            <jtenczar@y...> wrote:
            > > Scrumworks.com can probably do this for you. It may be the
            least
            > > expensive (and least feature-rich) app for Scrum.
          • Steven Ropa
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 8, 2005
              How do you specify a pair in V1, and have I just pulled us off topic?

              steve

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 8, 2005
                Here are the instructions we got from VersionOne support:

                A pair can be designated in the system. When a pair is designated,
                the task will show up on the My Home page of both the owner and the
                pair. The reports will credit effort entered to the owner of the
                task, not to the pair.

                If you do want to turn on pair tracking, I've included the the
                instructions below. These instructions cover turning on both Effort
                Tracking and Pairs in Scrum. If you already have Effort Tracking set
                up (or don't have it and don't want it), you can limit Step 4 to
                just turning on the Task/Pairs attribute and stop after Step 5.

                1) Log in as a user with Admin privileges
                2) Change the address in your web browser
                - from: 'http://(YourApplicationLocation)/Default.aspx...'
                - to: 'http://
                (YourApplicationLocation)/DesktopModules/EditConfig.aspx'
                3) Select Scrum in the submenu
                4) Select all checkboxes under the Customer Rule column except:
                - Story / Pair - Off
                5) Click Apply to save
                6) Turn off the following checkbox under the Customer Rule column:
                7) Iteration / Estimated Progress
                8) Click Apply to save again

                --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Ropa"