Timesheet Package

  • Baboo Kureemun
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
      Agilists,

      Can anyone point me to a "light time tracking software"? We are using
      spreasheets to track progress of each sprint, however we have to satisfy
      a need of recording/tracking 'actual time spent'.

      Any pointers?

      Much thanks,
      Baboo
    • Keith Lancaster
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
        I'm using Xplanner wth some success. Check out http://www.xplanner.org/.

        Keith

        On 9/2/05, Baboo Kureemun <baboo.kureemun@...> wrote:
        Agilists,

        Can anyone point me to a "light time tracking software"?  We are using
        spreasheets to track progress of each sprint, however we have to satisfy
        a need of recording/tracking 'actual time spent'.

        Any pointers?

        Much thanks,
        Baboo

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9EfwlB/TM

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Joe Tenczar
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 2005
          Scrumworks.com can probably do this for you. It may be the least
          expensive (and least feature-rich) app for Scrum.

          --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Baboo Kureemun"
          <baboo.kureemun@e...> wrote:
          > Agilists,
          >
          > Can anyone point me to a "light time tracking software"? We are
          using
          > spreasheets to track progress of each sprint, however we have to
          satisfy
          > a need of recording/tracking 'actual time spent'.
          >
          > Any pointers?
          >
          > Much thanks,
          > Baboo
        • Michael James
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 8, 2005
            To clarify, ScrumWorks does not track actuals. This is not part of Scrum.

            We've considered adding a plug-in for this, but at the moment it's not high on our backlog
            because of the potential for abuse, and also because every user has a different way they want
            to do it.

            Many people who download ScrumWorks aren't well versed in Scrum, and expect to find MS-
            Project features, or misleading indicators like "percentage done." We're doing what we can to
            keep from leading people astray.

            --mj

            --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Tenczar" <jtenczar@y...> wrote:
            > Scrumworks.com can probably do this for you. It may be the least
            > expensive (and least feature-rich) app for Scrum.
          • morri027
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 8, 2005
              VersionOne can track actual time spent on each task, and will let
              you specify a pair, so both participants get credit. It's not used
              to measure progress on the sprints, and is not really related to
              SCRUM, but it does come in handy. We support 6 products, so it
              helps me figure out how much development time is spent on each
              product (for cost allocation purposes) without requiring the
              development team to enter time in a separate time-tracking package.

              --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Michael James"
              <michael@d...> wrote:
              > To clarify, ScrumWorks does not track actuals. This is not part
              of Scrum.

              > We've considered adding a plug-in for this, but at the moment it's
              not high on our backlog
              > because of the potential for abuse, and also because every user
              has a different way they want
              > to do it.
              >
              > Many people who download ScrumWorks aren't well versed in Scrum,
              and expect to find MS-
              > Project features, or misleading indicators like "percentage
              done." We're doing what we can to
              > keep from leading people astray.
              >
              > --mj
              >

              > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Tenczar"
              <jtenczar@y...> wrote:
              > > Scrumworks.com can probably do this for you. It may be the
              least
              > > expensive (and least feature-rich) app for Scrum.
            • Steven Ropa
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 8, 2005
                How do you specify a pair in V1, and have I just pulled us off topic?

                steve

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 8, 2005
                  Here are the instructions we got from VersionOne support:

                  A pair can be designated in the system. When a pair is designated,
                  the task will show up on the My Home page of both the owner and the
                  pair. The reports will credit effort entered to the owner of the
                  task, not to the pair.

                  If you do want to turn on pair tracking, I've included the the
                  instructions below. These instructions cover turning on both Effort
                  Tracking and Pairs in Scrum. If you already have Effort Tracking set
                  up (or don't have it and don't want it), you can limit Step 4 to
                  just turning on the Task/Pairs attribute and stop after Step 5.

                  1) Log in as a user with Admin privileges
                  2) Change the address in your web browser
                  - from: 'http://(YourApplicationLocation)/Default.aspx...'
                  - to: 'http://
                  (YourApplicationLocation)/DesktopModules/EditConfig.aspx'
                  3) Select Scrum in the submenu
                  4) Select all checkboxes under the Customer Rule column except:
                  - Story / Pair - Off
                  5) Click Apply to save
                  6) Turn off the following checkbox under the Customer Rule column:
                  7) Iteration / Estimated Progress
                  8) Click Apply to save again

                  --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Ropa"