what ScrumWorks automates (was Re: SCRUMWorks)

  • Michael James
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      Simon is correct. ScrumWorks (and VersionOne) assist in the Scrum
      process various ways, but do not address the issues of automated builds
      or tests. These Agile engineering practices (which Danube uses and
      advocates) fall outside the domain of Scrum. I believe RallyDev *does*
      tie into your automated tests, so I'd encourage you to check out their
      product if you're interested in this capability.

      ScrumWorks is intended to make the Scrum practices more convenient
      and more visible, thus more likely to be followed. Keeping your Sprint
      Burndown Chart highly visible (and easy to update) helps motivate teams.
      Keeping your backlog visible, and letting us do the math for you, may
      help
      you make more informed decisions during Sprint Planning Meetings.
      Tracking impediments visibly may help apply pressure to them get
      resolved sooner. Keeping Sprint Goals visible makes sure Product Owners
      and Teams are on the same page during Sprint Review Meetings.

      BUT we've discovered the majority of people who download our product
      don't understand the Scrum process. So we're focusing on that problem
      instead by offering various services. If you haven't heard, ScrumWorks
      licenses are now free to anyone who goes through the trial period and
      decides they want to use it.

      Michael James
      Software Anti-architect
      Danube Technologies, Inc.