Re: [scrumdevelopment] Require Assistance - CMMI Vs. SCRUM (Agile)

  • Roberto Soares
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2005
      The links is broken...

      2005/8/29, Manian S.G.S <mraman@...>:
      Hi,

      This is Manian from South India mailing you after looking at scrum101.pdf at www.poppendieck.com/pdfs/Scrum101.pdf .

      The PDF explains well, how the SCRUM model functions towards use in Software Development. We have a project following the Agile methodology (SCRUM) of development and our organization is on its way to implementing CMMI Maturity Level 5 from CMM Level 3.

      I had referred a book "Agile Project Management with Scrum" - Ken Schwaber to understand the Agile Software Developement Methodology too. It has a list of comparison as to which process areas from CMM Level 2 & 3 could be compared to practices discussed in the book. I would like to request your inputs in knowing how we could map the SCRUM/SPRINT methods further to CMMI Maturity Levels 2 to 5 for a comprehensive implementation of the process areas and applicable specific practices to the project and prepare ourselves for assessment.

      The information that you could provide me would be of great help to me and would also give you a satisfaction that you have helped a budding process engineer thousands of miles away.  :~)

      Have a great day!

      Regards,
      Manian SGS

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS