Prorietary DSDM was: Certified ScrumMaster

  • David J. Anderson
    Message 1 of 113 , Mar 2, 2003
      Which is precisely why DSDM doesn't get a mention in
      my book - I couldn't get free access to research
      material.

      Going proprietary creates a barrier to entry and a
      friction in the economy - even RUP isn't wholely
      proprietary - at least they wrote a few books on it.

      My other thoughts on this thread in another post...

      David

      --- Mike Cohn <mike@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------

      I'd most definitely suggest avoiding anything like
      DSDM where I can't even
      read their materials without joining and I don't think
      I can even refer to
      my project as following DSDM unless I'm a member. That
      type of proprietary
      approach is wrong and unnecessary and will only stifle
      acceptance.

      --Mike

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • Mike Beedle
      Message 113 of 113 , Mar 10, 2003
        Ron:

        Sorry for the pun intended, the proper name is
        "burndown chart" as Mike stated, not "burnout chart",
        but that all depends how you feel as you come down
        from the "mountain of hours and features" ;-)

        - Mike

        --- Mike Cohn <mike@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Ron--
        I think Mike is referring to a "burndown" rather than
        "burnout" chart.
        Although I'd like to try graphing how burnt out I feel
        at the end of each
        day.
        An example burndown chart is
        http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/scrum/sprintbacklog.html.
        Scroll down a
        bit and you'll see it bordered in the green.

        -Mike