RE: [scrumdevelopment] Certified ScrumMaster

  • Alan Shalloway
    Message 1 of 113 , Mar 1, 2003
      I tend to agree with Marco although I agree there is the problem Ken
      brings up. I think people need to use a certain amount of common sense.
      What is it that makes a person know what they are doing. I am fairly
      certain I would not pass any Java Certification test on the planet.
      Yet, I also have experienced accelerating Java projects (both through
      mentoring and direct coding) significantly. Also, it's hard to divorce
      the business issues. It's hard not to identify Scrum with Ken and Mike
      as it's hard not to identify XP with Kent, Ron and Ward.

      Alan Shalloway, Sr. Consultant, CEO
      office: 425-313-3065. mobile: 425-531-0810

      Net Objectives' vision is effective software development without
      suffering. Our mission is to assist software development teams in
      accomplishing this through a combination of training and mentoring.

      Message 113 of 113 , Mar 10, 2003
        Ron:

        Sorry for the pun intended, the proper name is
        "burndown chart" as Mike stated, not "burnout chart",
        but that all depends how you feel as you come down
        from the "mountain of hours and features" ;-)

        - Mike

        --- Mike Cohn <mike@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Ron--
        I think Mike is referring to a "burndown" rather than
        "burnout" chart.
        Although I'd like to try graphing how burnt out I feel
        at the end of each
        day.
        An example burndown chart is
        http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/scrum/sprintbacklog.html.
        Scroll down a
        bit and you'll see it bordered in the green.

        -Mike