[scrumdevelopment] Scrum from 1994 until now

  • VIRMAN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2000
      I was discussing Scrum recently and was asked what had happened to Scrum
      after the initial excitement in 1995-6. I responded :

      "Most of the literature and excitement regarding Scrum originated around
      1995-6, when we were first introducing it at OMG. Ed Yourdon was one of the
      proponents of it, also, which certainly gave it visibility.

      From then until now, we've been busy implementing Scrum. The initial
      developments were individualized, at-site, Scrum variations developed by
      consultants and specific organizations (Fidelity and IDX, in particular).

      The development work during 1996-1999 was for online tools
      (www.scrumonline.com) used by organizations to coordinate distributed
      development (it's "Help" also has a self-contained process on product
      management). We also worked on case studies and the Scrum Pattern, recently
      published by Addison Wesley.

      In 2000, we started talking with the XP folks. They were short on
      management, so we started collaborating with them. This, in turn, caused us
      to start upgrading the Scrum site, since they started referring people to it
      for information."