Re: [scrumdevelopment] Certified ScrumMaster

    Message 1 of 113 , Mar 1, 2003
      On Saturday, March 1, 2003, at 4:31:18 PM, Ken Schwaber <ken.schwaber@...> wrote:

      > I had a long conversation with Martin Fowler about this and he
      > suggested that we launch the idea of the "Certified ScrumMaster."
      > This is someone who really knows Scrum, getting it both emotionally
      > and intellectually, through reading, thinking and - most important -
      > experience. When we hear of a bad implementation, we can ask, "did
      > they use a Certified ScrumMaster?" Or, when someone wants to get
      > going, we can recommend a Certified ScrumMaster to them.

      > I'm considering implementing such a program to do what I can about
      > ensuring the consistency and quality of Scrum. I'm early in thinking
      > about this and want to solicit your comments and conversation
      > regarding whether to do this (I'm pretty set on it at this point, but
      > could be swayed) and how to do it (suggestions are welcome).

      Very thought-provoking, Ken. I cross-posted it to the xp leadership group.

      Talent determines how fast you get good, not how good you get. -- Richard Gabriel
    • Mike Beedle
      Message 113 of 113 , Mar 10, 2003
        Ron:

        Sorry for the pun intended, the proper name is
        "burndown chart" as Mike stated, not "burnout chart",
        but that all depends how you feel as you come down
        from the "mountain of hours and features" ;-)

        - Mike

        --- Mike Cohn <mike@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Ron--
        I think Mike is referring to a "burndown" rather than
        "burnout" chart.
        Although I'd like to try graphing how burnt out I feel
        at the end of each
        day.
        An example burndown chart is
        http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/scrum/sprintbacklog.html.
        Scroll down a
        bit and you'll see it bordered in the green.

        -Mike